|
||
|
|
||
|
||
|
Man banned from garages and outbuildings in Norwich |
||
|
A man who persistently breaks into outbuildings and garages and starts fires in Norwich has been handed a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO). Peter Lowe, 66, of no fixed address, appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court yesterday (Thursday 20 August) after pleading guilty to a burglary charge at an earlier hearing. The charge relates to an incident on Girlings Lane, Norwich on 24 April 2026 at 7.20pm, when Lowe broke into a caravan. While inside, he was confronted by the owner. Lowe told him he had come to collect his rucksack, indicating he had previously been in the caravan and left it there. The owner found the rucksack and noticed it contained items that had been taken from the caravan. The owner called police shortly afterwards. Lowe was arrested and taken to Aylsham Police Investigation Centre for questioning before later being charged. The conditions of Lowe’s CBO will remain in place for three years and state that he must not enter or attempt to enter for the purposes of sleeping or residing at any garages, car parks, flat blocks, houses, stores, outbuildings or commercial buildings without prior permission of the owner. In addition, a second condition prohibits him from lighting any fire, BBQ or other flammable or combustible material in a public place. During the court hearing, Lowe was also given a 14-week prison sentence, suspended for 12 months, and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £154. PC Jez Strachan, from the Norwich Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: "Despite working with partner agencies to help address Lowe's offending, he continues to have an impact on local communities across Norwich. "We hope this CBO acts as a deterrent to help prevent future offending and discourage these type of offences and anti-social behaviour."
| ||
Reply to this message | ||
|
|




